The purpose of the factsheet is to provide investors and stakeholders with more background information regarding Seadrill as an investment. You can add sections to a basket by clicking on the icons to the right.
At a glance+
Seadrill is a leading offshore drilling contractor employing highly skilled employees across the globe. Our aim is to unlock oil and gas for the benefit of our customers and their customers in the safest most efficient way. For all of us at Seadrill it is all about safe, efficient operations:
- We operate from five regional offices around the world – Oslo, Dubai, Houston, Rio De Janeiro and Ciudad del Carmen.
- Our versatile fleet of 68 rigs comprises drillships, jack-up, semi-submersibles and tender rigs for operations in shallow to ultra-deepwater areas in both harsh and benign environments.
- Our fleet is one of the youngest, most modern of all the major offshore drilling contractors.
- We are recognized for providing the highest quality operations, in some of the most challenging sectors of offshore drilling.
We have one of the youngest, most modern fleet of all the major drillers, we believe that by combining quality assets and experienced and skilled employees we will be able to provide safe efficient operations, and establish, develop and maintain a position as a preferred provider of offshore drilling services for our customers.
The key elements in our strategy are as follows:
- commitment to provide customers with safe efficient operations;
- combination of state-of-the-art mobile drilling units with experienced and skilled employees;
- develop our position in deepwater and harsh environments;
- develop our fleet of premium jack-up rigs;
- pursue further work in conventional waters as well as deepwater areas
Board of directors
- John Fredriksen
Chairman of the Board, President and a director of the Company since its inception in May 2005
- Kate Blankenship
Director since its inception in May 2005
- Ørjan Svanevik
Director since October 2014
- Paul M Leand
Director since April 2013
- Per Wullf
Director since February 2016
- Georgina Sousa
Director since November 2015
- Hans Petter Aas
Director since May 2015